Monday, December 05, 2005

What if all the donated amount is not used?

One of the donors had concerns about the donation money if it was not fully used. What happens to the donated money if it is not fully used for baby Sidharth's eye medical and surgical expenses?

The answer is quite simple: If the money which we have collected so far is NOT fully used, I plan to return the remaining amount to the individual donors based on the percentage of their contributions to the total amount collected.

For example, if the total contributions from all donors is, say $25,000. And if your contribution is $1000, then percentage of your contribution is $1000/$25000 = 4%. If the total medical and surgical expenses is, say $15000, then the donated amount not used is $25000 - $15000 = $10,000. Therefore, based on your contribution of 4% to the total amount collected, I will send you a check of $400.

2 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vani - thanks for the clarification on the logistics of funding. Can you please get in touch with me at vikram_vi at yahoo dot com and I'd like to discuss how best (and fastest) I can help.

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur with Neelima's idea. The fund was raised for the kid. Let us use it for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home