Thursday, December 08, 2005

We have reached our financial target!

We started with a target of collecting $40,000 USD for baby Sidharth's surgery and medical expenses. I am happy to announce that, by the Grace of God and with your generous support, we have reached well beyond our target. We have just been overwhelmed by the support that we have received in the last three days!

The total donation collected as of December 8, 2005 is $48,179 USD.

When I first started this blog, I never thought that we will ever reach the stage where finances would no longer be a hurdle for Sidharth's surgery. I had started this blog to reach friends and family for help. But to my surprise, we received donations and well-wishes from people whom we did not even know.

Reaching this milestone in such a short time is no less than a miracle. Let me share some statistics (I keep a detailed excel sheet of each donation I receive):
  • Total amount collected: $48,179 USD
  • Number of days in which this amount was collected: 21 days
  • Total number of donors who contributed: 200 (no really, it is actually 200)
We have crossed an important milestone. Just as you have supported Sidharth with your financial help this far, I hope that you will remember him and his parents in your prayers, as tomorrow, Friday December 8, 2005, is a crucial day in their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home